My most popular resources this academic year

Lately I've been reflecting on the resources and ideas I've shared over the last academic year, as well as my plans to share more helpful, simple, and practical resources in the future.

I'm really happy to have been able to help lots of teachers save time and make the new GCSE requirements clearer for their students. These resources are all based on what my students need and what I'm using in my classroom.


I've ranked the top 5 paid and free downloads for my social media pages, and wanted to include the links below for ease.


Interestingly there does seem to have been a theme among the most popular downloads - speaking! I think this is probably the hardest part of the new GCSE to get to grips with, since of course it's very cognitively demanding for teachers as well as students. So, it's not really a surprise that lots of my most downloaded resources have been about getting students to speak more, including more accurate verbs and relevant details, and understanding the exam and what gets marks when speaking. 


My most popular resource ever (more than 18k downloads and completely free) is the AQA teacher script and timings sheet and speaking mark scheme - to help teachers actually do the exam.


10th - Mock Exam Reflection

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/resource-13370889 


9th - Photocard Practice Lessons

French - https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/resource-13449327 

Spanish - https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/resource-13449332 


8th - Role Play Practice Lessons

French - https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/resource-13443882 

Spanish - https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/resource-13448776 


7th - Grade Boundaries Calculator Spreadsheet

French - https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/resource-13346087 

Spanish - https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/resource-13346638 


6th - Unseen Questions Practice Lessons

French - https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/resource-13435680 

Spanish - https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/resource-13438956 


5th - Questions Development Grid

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/resource-13420105 


4th - Toblerone Speaking Template

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/resource-13342584 


3rd - Dobble Game Examples and Guide

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/resource-13442023 


2nd - Planning Resource

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/resource-13163747 


1st - Speaking Exam Script and Mark Scheme (AQA, French, Spanish, and German)

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/resource-13273643 


I'd love to hear from you about what resources you still feel you need - send me a DM on Instagram or Facebook, or you could email me at hello@bethlingual.co.uk if you prefer.


The main question I get about my resources is whether I have anything specifically for Edexcel - the answer is not currently. This is because I make and share resources based on what my own classes and students need, and my school does AQA. However, lots of my resources aren't specific to any exam board (including resources 1-5 listed here!)


Creating Edexcel versions would require me to learn more about this specification first, to make sure what I share remains high quality. I'm going to look into this over the summer, so some Edexcel versions of resources may start to appear in the fairly near future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 10 Speaking Activities: Part 1

How to calculate grade boundaries

My Top 10 Speaking Activities: Part 2